Sunday, October 6, 2019

Introductory

 

   Hi, my name is Anjun Wu and I’m a 12th grader taking media studies at Fort Lauderdale High School and I’ll be logging my film making process. Along with blogging my film making process, I’ll be detailing my everyday trials and thoughts towards the completion of the various film projects given to me. Whether it be set locations, scripts, costumes, editing process, or whatsoever, this blog will compile my process to becoming a media studies expert.
   This year is my final year at Fort Lauderdale and senior year has been stressful. Not only does
senior activities cost scrupulous amounts of money, but balancing schoolwork, a social life, and work has been difficult. Senior year has many activities like HOCO, prom, gradbash and etc. Our class knows everyone else and we’re like a tight knit family. The problems arise, well for me personally, when academic and social pressures pushes one in between a rock and hard place. Meeting expectations and proving you can contribute to society has forever haunted to adolescent psyche. Another pressure is the application process to colleges. Making the right choice is essential since that dictates one’s adult life.
 Moving on from the hair-tearing difficulties of young adulthood, I do quite enjoy films and T.V. I had always had an interested in movies since I was a little kid watching films like Lion King on VCR. Movies had always been a part of my childhood and gradually became more important as I matured. Films always interested me; whether it be a gripping story like those of Tarantino flicks or the action-adventure blockbusters directed by Spielberg. I believe that movies are the the ultimate way of human expression. The images, themes, and scores paint a world that the audience can relate to or at least deem believable. Television has evolved to the pint where everything is streamed. Sites like Netflix and Hulu has undoubtedly held hostage my free time to the pint where my procrastination has never been greater.
   In my opinion, there’s just so much media content to be consumed in the modern age. From advertisements to indie films, the world revolves around media. The mass amounts of money being made from TV and film is mind blowing and the trend of consumer media dominance dosent seem to subside.





No comments:

Post a Comment