Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing of Gatorade Commercial

   Today in class, me and my partner, Preace finished our final shots for our Gatorade commercial. Our teacher had allocated us a few minutes of shooting due to our camera dying our previous shoot. We only had one specific scene to film and it was quite easy. Coincidentally, today was prep day for spirit week and I had dressed up as an ivy league student. I worn a dress shirt with khaki shorts and boat shoes,very formal. I had brought an extra change of gym clothes because my friend Orayn didn't bring his shorts, the ones we used for our prior shoot. It was a hassle changing. Per usual, Florida weather is extremely hot and humid so changing back into my dress shirt was no fun. We ended up getting the camera equipment and headed to the track to film.
   On the track,we filmed our final shot which was of me running past the camera as it was on a wide angle. We saw others from our class on the field as well, presuming that they needed last-minute shots as well. We filmed our shot and had an argument about how the shot should be choreographed. I wanted to do a wide shot and in post have it slow-moed and my partner respectfully rejected the idea. Another problem that occurred when filming was our tripod. Like last time our tripod was broken. After that ordeal, we headed back to the classroom to dump our footage and edit.
   When we walked back into our classroom ready to edit, the computers were not working. Most computers didn't even have the Pinnacle editor installed. Our teacher told us that we won't edit today but instead consolidate your footage and complete your blog on editing today. The thing is that you cannot do a blog on editing if you haven't edited. Instead, I will now describe how I would've edited if I could edit today. Most of the transitions would have been quick cuts to the next shot. One shot in particular would consist of a still shot of me looking up with amazement as I insert a video of Usain Bolt winning a race. This shot is reminiscent of a dream or fantasy shot where the character is daydreaming about the victory they're about to receive. Welp, at this point I seem to have reached my target word length; for further information, stay tuned for the next blog... 

No comments:

Post a Comment